There are many automatic triggers that can spark a direct mail response. A direct mail pro can streamline the process for triggers, helping to grow your business.
TYPES OF DIRECT MAIL TRIGGERS
- Invoicing: Does your business send monthly statements and invoices? And does your staff process mailings the old school way? Do they still print, fold, stuff, lick, and stamp? A quality direct mail house like MAIL MANAGER rescues your staff.
- Public records/filings: Many firms rely on public records to find new clients. This may include bankruptcy filings, marriages, new movers, and more. Take the hassle out of these beneficial campaigns.
- Lending: Financial institutions must connect with customers for a variety of reasons. This includes past-due loans, negative balances, privacy notices, etc. Larger banks can automate their triggered communications. And smaller banks and credit unions may not have the resources. They should seek a quality vendor to streamline these mailings.
- New customers: Not everyone responds to email. And digital messages often get lost in the spam. Therefore, direct mail is often more effective for new customer follow-up. Consider a “thank you for your business,” or a thank-you gift. These are great ways to lift your loyalty.
- Confirmations: You must ensure attendance for your webinars or appointments. Doctors/dentists, schools, and even the DMV must confirm appointments. Text/email may help but not every message is seen. A direct mail confirmation program reduces no-shows.
DIGITAL/ONLINE DIRECT MAIL TRIGGERS
- Cart abandonment: Some 65% of online shoppers bail before completing the purchase. This is called “cart abandonment.” So, if the prospect’s mailing info is captured, this should trigger a mailing. Encourage the prospect to complete the purchase or contact customer service. Companies cannot avoid this huge chunk of potential business.
- Renewals: Any membership-based business or subscription service relies on renewals. But some subscribers opt-out of auto-renew. So, it is critical that they receive mail communications to ensure a higher retention rate.
THE BOTTOM LINE
Trigger-based direct mail is essential. And if your company does not have a system in place, then now is the time to chat with a direct mail pro.