The newest direct mail statistics are in. More marketers are adding direct mail to their array of integrated marketing tactics because the engagement is growing as mail clutter declines. Personalization and relevance are the keys. Direct mail costs are higher than email, but the ROI remains strong as long as your direct mail campaign goes to a well-targeted audience.
Customer response rates have increased year-over-year by 43%, but even better, prospect response rates have seen a 190% increase. So it’s no wonder that companies are taking another look at direct mail for both retention and acquisition.
In a world dominated by email, why is direct mail doing so well?
The integration of direct mail and digital marketing, along with better targeting has made direct mail campaigns both timely and relevant.
However, because of the higher initial cost of direct mail, you must find ways to make sure it generates the most impact.
How to Get the Most From Your Direct Mail
Marketing research in direct mail has found that three things to be true.
- Create High-Impact. Humans have short attention spans. Marketing that gets to the point with attention-getting images and compelling copy is essential for success.
- Images Matter. In fact, the brain processes images, 60,0000 times faster than it does text. Telling your story with pictures and graphics matters for customer engagement.
- Keep It Simple. The brain responds to order. Direct mail that offers a simple decision path with limited copy and explanation always tests better.
Direct Mail Response
- Overall response continues to increase, even though there was a slight decrease in the total amount of mail delivered.
- People read postcards more than ever with a 3.9% increase (USPS Study.)
- According to research, all age groups like receiving mail.
- For ages 18-21, response rates doubled in 2016. (USPS Study)
- Direct marketers can communicate with multi-generational marketing if they use content that meets their generational need
Where online marketing is often passive, direct mail is active. Direct mailing performs well because it is tactile.
Mail Manager supports clients in industries as diverse as insurance and healthcare, schools, universities, and non-profits. We are focused on making your direct marketing efforts succeed. We provide a powerful combination of new services and valuable information; all with the objective of making a positive impact on your marketing ROI.
If you want to capitalize on what direct mail statistics tell us – that direct mail is a viable way to generate business, then call Mail Manager. Together we can build a strategic marketing plan for the New Year.